Hi guys! It’s officially spring. There is still snow on the street and the wind is still freaking cold but at least the sun is shining. I bought some tulips today to “celebrate” the first day of spring. Yey! Anyway, I’m here to share with you this exciting read-a-thon that I’ll be joining for the next three months.
A few days ago, my dear friend Sarah (from BooksForTea) announced on her youtube channel that she will be hosting a seasonal read-a-thon together with other three lovely readers and I didn’t have to think twice about joining. It’s called #SeasonalSeries Read-A-Thon and it runs from March 20 through June 20. It is hosted by Sarah, Derby from Derby_Lane Reading, Reggie from Don’t Stop Readin’, and Bridget from bBooks.
This read-a-thon focuses on reading/finishing books in a series and it is themed around the yearly seasons. There are four bingo cards/boards that you can choose from depending what season you have right now where you live but of course you can choose whatever season you prefer. There will be reading sprints every Saturday and daily sprints from June 11 to 17. To make this read-a-thon more exciting, there will be huge giveaway at the end of the read-a-thon. You can read the full details here and follow their official Twitter account for updates.
I will be doing the Spring Bingo board and here are the challenges:
1. take a walk while listening to an audiobook
2. read a book while drinking lemonade
3. read the first book in a series
4. try to unhaul a book you’ve lost interest in
5. read a book that’s been on your shelves way too long
6. read with rain in the background (real rain or sounds)
7. read a book with pink on the cover
8. read a book from a middle grade series
9. read a series with a new book coming out in 2018
10. read a book of a series where the parents of the MC aren’t dead
11. read a book with character growth
12. read a book while eating chocolate
13. FREE SPACE : read any book of a series
14. read a book where only the first book of a series is out
15. read a book set in the real world
16. read a book with a spring colors on the cover
17. finish a duology
18. use a flower as a bookmark
19. read a book with great friendship
20. read a second book in a series
21. read a book while sitting outside
22. read a book that is (partly) set in spring
23. read a book with green on the cover
24. read a book that includes an animal
25. read a book under 300 pages
Looks fun, right? Here are the books that I’m planning to read for the #SeasonalSeries read-a-thon. I want to read the ones that I already have on my shelves for quite a long time now.
Warriors by Erin Hunter
– read a book that includes an animal
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
– read a book set in the real world
Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
– read any book of a series
The Archived and The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
– finish a duology
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
– read the first book in a series
Forest of A Thousand Lanterns by Julie Dao
– read a book with green on the cover
Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kaufman
– read a series with a new book coming out in 2018
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
– read a second book in a series
I still have to check some of my books for the other challenges on the bingo card but for now, I will be focusing on reading the books I’ve mentioned above. I will also post my updates on my Twitter and Instagram Stories so don’t forget to follow me there.
Are you also joining the #SeasonalSeries Read-a-thon? I’d love to see your TBR. If not, have you read the books on my TBR?