Hey guys! It’s time of the month again. For the month of September, I was able to read 4 books. I’ve just finished the 4th book two days but I think it’s still counted as September read. I’ve been in a slight reading slump last month which was not good… at all. I also wasn’t able to update my blog last month as much as I wanted to. Im going to try again this month and hopefully everything will work according to the plan. So, let’s start with my wrap-up.
Hi guys! Christmas is here! Haha. In the Philippines, Christmas starts at the beginning of “ber” months. We Filipinos take this holiday very seriously even it means heavy traffic, crowded streets/malls and long list of gifts. The last time I spent Christmas with my family was in 2013. It’s been a while now and I’m really missing all the festivities, food and of course, my loved ones. But let’s not talk about that now because I’m here for my August Wrap Up.
Hi guys! Happy 1st of August. Is it okay to say that I can’t wait for Autumn? It’s my favorite season, in case you didn’t know.
Hi guys! Wow! Four more months and we will be saying our hellos to 2017. How time flies! Anyway, I hope you had a great reading month. Mine was okay, i think. I was able to read 6 books in June and sadly, just 1 book in July!
Happy April Fool’s day! I remember last year when I read a post about Daryl Dixon’s death in the season 5 finale of The Walking Dead. I was so sad and worried because I thought it was true. Then after watching the episode, I realized that it was April 1st and I got fooled. Good job!
So, let’s move on to my recap. March went so fast and it was a little crazy (at least for me) and exciting.
- I am now a yellow belter in Karate. I passed my exam (March 17) and I’m so proud of it. Honestly, I never thought of me joining (or doing) Karate. I’ve been influenced by my husband (black belter) and parents-in-law (both brown belter). Oh, my sis-in-law is also a black belter. So yeah! I’m still undecided if I want to continue doing it.
- Society6 hosted an awesome giveaway and I was one of the winners. I chose the Cat-stronauts throw blanket by Drew Brockington. It is so cute and huge! I love it so much. I can just stay under it forever.
- I finally finished watching Game of Thrones. I can’t wait for April 24.
Just like last month, I read 4 books this month. Total of 2,136 pages)
Happy 1st day of March! Wow! Time flies really fast. Me and my husband spent the last day of February making flammkuchen (Tarte flambée). He asked our friends to come in our apartment to have a flammkuchen party. Everything turned out great. ♥ So, aside from sharing the books I read this month, I also want to share some of the highlights of my February.
– My husband surprised me with a Harry Potter slash Game of Thrones quest on our 4th year anniversary. He hid his gifts and gave me a written instructions on how to find them. We did it around 12:30mn so we had to be quiet while doing it because the Dragons were already asleep. (Our neighbor’s last name is Dragon). I found Hermione’s wand (first gift) and he said that I’ll be needing it to defeat the dragons. I thought it ends there but it didn’t. We went to the dungeon (aka the basement) and there I found my second gift, a House Targaryen scarf. They look awesome, right? I’m afraid that I’ll break the scarf so I still don’t use it and it’s still inside the box.
– I collaborated with the lovely people of Daniel Welllington and they’ve sent me one of their pretty wristwatches. I chose the Classy Winchester because I love how it looks like and I wasn’t surprised that it’s more pretty and classy in person. Plus, it has Winchester on its name. *fangirling Supernatural* I’ll make a different post for this so I can show you how elegant this wristwatch is. Feel free to check out www.danielwellington.com and use the code kathDW for 15% off. Valid until Apri 15, 2016.
• I got a new ereader case from Klevercase. I chose the personalized one and it is so perfect for my kindle. Aside from it looks really like a book, it also holds perfectly my kindle. I totally recommend you to get one for your ereader/tablet./iphone covers. You’ll not regret it.
• It’s my first time joining ‘#Love-A-Thon and I had so much fun. I’m looking froward to joining again next year. I also joined #5books7days readathon hosted Lotte.
• I hit 20k on my bookstagram account. It’s so unbelievable. I’m so happy and very thankful about it. ♥
• I’ve made an account on Litsy. It’s like an ig/goodreads. You can share book reviews (but with 250 letters only), blurbs and quotes. Feel free to add me : @kath_reads
• And lastly, congratulations to my long-time crush Leonardo DiCaprio for (finally) winning the Best Actor award in Oscars. I’m really proud and happy for him.
I read 4 books (a total of 1,186 pages) this month.
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes // 5 out of 5 stars – This is my first perfect 5 for this year. I love this book so much. This is not your typical sad love story and probably not even a love story at all. It’s about the importance of life and understanding the choices people make. Read my full review here.
Even The Moon Has Scars by Steph Campbell // 4 out of 5 stars – It’s my first time reading a book from Campbell and I totally enjoyed it. The story is simple and the characters felt real to me. I really love their “overnight” adventures and how perfect they are together. It’s kind of an insta-love but not in a trying hard way. I recommend this if you want a light, easy and enjoyable read. I’ll write my full review soon.
The Body In The Library by Agatha Christie // 4 out of 5 stars – This is my third read from Miss Marple series. It’s quite hard to write a long review of Agatha Christie’s books because I feel like I’ll just repeat myself for saying how beautiful her works are. The characters are fascinating, the plot twists are brilliant and the writing style is incredibly amazing. I adore Miss Marples’ unique way of “investigating” and for being exceptionally clever. As usual, I didn’t guess who the real suspect is. I told myself to stop guessing but I can’t help it. I also love how Christie decribes the library in this book.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman // 4 out os 5 stars – My first Neil Gaiman read. After reading the first few pages, I checked the genre of this book and it’s under Fiction, Horror, Magical Realism, and Paranormal. I thought it was contemporary but it wasn’t. This book is amazing. I instantly fell in love with his style of writing and his extraordinary story. It is weird but in a very good way. I’ll be writing my full review soon.
I didn’t buy any books this month (still doing great on my book-buying ban) but I was lucky to get a copy of Who Says You Can’t? You Do by Daniel Chidiac. Thank you so much for sending me this awesome book.
Who Says You Can’t? You Do by Daniel Chidiac
Edition : Paperback (392 pages)
Publisher : DC Group Global (March 26, 2013)
Have you ever wondered why there are few people living their dream, yet others seem to be slipping further away from theirs with every day that passes? Daniel Chidiac’s writing has touched millions of people worldwide and helps to transform thousands of lives daily. By opening Who Says You Can’t? YOU DO, we embark on a psychological and emotional journey that is certain to unlock our truest potential. This challenging yet extraordinarily rewarding book is the ultimate guide to discover the fulfilment we have been searching for our whole life. x
So, there it is. My February wrap-up. How many books have you read in February? Did you add new books on your shelf? Share your wrap-up below. I’d love to read yours. ♥
Happy February! Can you smell love in the air? January went by so quickly, right? I had a great start of the year and aside from January is my birth month, a lot of awesome things happened too. I’ve discovered new great books and authors, I got new funko pops (Dean and Sam Winchester), Netflix (finally) added the season 8 of The Big Bang Theory, I’m part of a book club called The Literary Lions, and a lot lot more.Now let me share to you the books I read for the month of January. I read 4 books (total of 973 pages) and they’re all great.
The Grownup by Gillian Flynn // 3.5 out of 5 stars – I totally enjoyed reading this book. Great twist and interesting characters but it’s just way too short. I thought it ended so soon. Read my full review here.
Black Crow White Lie by Candi Sary // 4 out of 5 stars – This is a story of Carson, a young boy who has a magical gift of healing, living in Hollywood motels together with her alcoholic fortune-teller mother. A coming-of-age novel which I totally enjoyed reading. Unforgetable characters and interesting plot twist. My full review soon.
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness // 4.5 out of 5 stars – Breath-taking illustrations with heart-breaking story that will definitely melt your heart. The last pages of this book made me cry and I’m pretty sure this book will stay with me for a long time. This is my favorite read in January. My full review here.
More Than This by Patrick Ness // 4 out of 5 stars – I’ve lost count of how many times I wrote “WTH!” on the pages of this book. So many surprising events and inspiring lines. This book is amazing. Clever storyline, likeable characters and superb writing style. I’ll be writing my full review soon.I only got three books in January. This year, I’m trying to buy less books and read more from my TBR list. FYI, I didn’t really buy these books.
These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Maegan Spooner – I got this one for my birthday. It’s on my TBR list because I love the cover and I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the series.
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – Bookstagram community made me buy this book. Aside from the gorgeous cover, it’s also a historical fiction set in 1956 Germany. I also got this for my birthday.
Emotions by Arnulfo Cantarero – First, I would like to thank the author for sending me this. The story is about an emotionless extraterrestrial born to human parents guy with his mission to gain permanent emotions. Sounds interesting, right? The cover is lovely too. I’m excited to read this one.
How was your January? Have you also read some great books? Let me know by commenting below. ♥
I can’t believe that it’s already 2016. Happy New Year, by the way! I would like to share my Top 10 Favorite Books of 2015. Sadly, I wasn’t able to complete my reading challenge last year. I read 49 books and my goal was 50. I know right! Just one book. I still stick to 50 books for this year and hopefully, i’ll be able to complete the challenge.
So, let me start with my top five favorite stand-alones, in no particular order.