Happy Friday, everyone! So I’m here to finally share my book haul.
Hey guys! It’s time for my March reading wrap up! I read a total of 10 books (7 physical books, 2 ebooks and an audiobook) and even one in German which makes me very happy.
Hey loves! It’s time for a monthly wrap-up post again. I read a total of five books, an e-book and listened to two audiobooks last month so it was really a great month for me. I think the last time that I read eight books in a month was in January 2017. Reading short stories / novels really helps a lot especially if you’re in a reading slump.
Hey guys! I’m finally back with my January and February Wrap-Up post! Better late than never, right? (That’s my favorite motto these days. Haha!) Anyway, I am so happy to be back here and hoping that you guys are still looking forward to read my new posts. I included my mini reviews of the books I read in this post and also my book haul. So it’s a little long but I hope you enjoy reading it. So without further ado, let’s begin.
Hi guys! Christmas is here! Haha. In the Philippines, Christmas starts at the beginning of “ber” months. We Filipinos take this holiday very seriously even it means heavy traffic, crowded streets/malls and long list of gifts. The last time I spent Christmas with my family was in 2013. It’s been a while now and I’m really missing all the festivities, food and of course, my loved ones. But let’s not talk about that now because I’m here for my August Wrap Up.
These pretties came in the mail today, except my Gizmo, and I can’t help not to share them with you guys.
Murder on the Orient Express
by Agatha Christie
I’ve read And Then There Were None with Joyce few days ago and we both loved it. We’ve decided to start collecting Christie’s novels. This book was recommended to me by the majority of my bookish friends (one of them is Erika) as a second read from Christie.
Snow Like Ashes
by Sara Raasch
This is my book for this month’s “1HB a month”, a “thing” that Joyce and I started. We love hardbound books (Who doesn’t, right?) but they are quite expensive so we’ve decided to save some money (it’s our husband’s money, actually. Haha!) so we can buy one hardbound every month. I am reading a lot of good things about this book and I’m excited to read this.
I’m excited for Funeral for a Friend. They will be performing later at 9pm in MusikZentrum (Hannover) and it will be my first time watching them live. Yay! Last time I’ve been in a concert was in 2013 when Paramore performed live in Docks, Hamburg and it was epic.
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline | Goodreads
I’ve been reading and hearing good things about this book. I know that being a gamer is an advantage on reading this and I’m lucky because my husband is a “gamer since birth”. I sometimes tease him that his twin brother is Super Mario. Other readers who’ve finished this book said that even if you don’t have a vague knowledge about games, you can still relate and enjoy this book. P.S. Armada is on my to-buy list.
Night Film by Marisha Peesl | Goodreads
This book was We The Book Dragons‘ book for the month of July and I wasn’t able to join the read-along. I’ve avoided reading the discussions because I still want to read this book but I cannot avoid to browse the pages. It has some pages with newspaper and internet clips. I can’t wait to read this.
I ordered these books from The Book Depository. Look how lovely the bookmarks are!
• That’s me and B with our favorite book. That was also our entry for #booksarentdangerous campaign last week. One of his favorites is Krabat by Otfried Preußler.
• I won a limited edition tote bag from @I’veReadThat and I’m so excited to use it. Check out their website at ivereadthat.com and feel free to follow me.
• I’ve discovered through a friend in Instagram an awesome app called Steller. You can share your photos/videos as slideshows on this app. Here’s my account. (This app reminds me of VscoCam.)
• I would like to thank Isshie of Bookishmouie for featuring me (and my blog) on Venture Through Worlds, a blog where you can find Filipino bloggers all over the world. The blog is quite new so I’m calling out all the Filipino bloggers out there. Visit the blog for more info.
I’ve read a total of 6 books this month. And these are:
• Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn – 4/5 stars (My review)
• Never Never : Part Two by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher – 4/5 stars (My review)
• Ugly People Beautiful Hearts by Marlen Komar – 4/5 stars (My review)
• Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz – 4/5 stars
• Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira – 4/5 stars (My review)
• Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – 4/5 stars