FRIDAY FINDS showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased). Hosted by teh awesome Jenn of A Daily Rhythm.
I’ve been seeing these books lately especially after the released of the second book, The Heart of Betrayal, last month. The feedbacks and reviews are all great so I’ve decided to add these on my ever-growing TBR list.
The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
THE KISS OF DECEPTION
Series : The Remnant Chronicles #1
Edition : Hardcover (489 pages)
Publisher : Henry Holt and Co. (July 2014)
A princess must find her place in a reborn world.
She flees on her wedding day.
She steals ancient documents from the Chancellor’s secret collection.
She is pursued by bounty hunters sent by her own father.
She is Princess Lia, seventeen, First Daughter of the House of Morrighan.
The Kingdom of Morrighan is steeped in tradition and the stories of a bygone world, but some traditions Lia can’t abide. Like having to marry someone she’s never met to secure a political alliance.
Fed up and ready for a new life, Lia flees to a distant village on the morning of her wedding. She settles in among the common folk, intrigued when two mysterious and handsome strangers arrive—and unaware that one is the jilted prince and the other an assassin sent to kill her. Deceptions swirl and Lia finds herself on the brink of unlocking perilous secrets—secrets that may unravel her world—even as she feels herself falling in love.
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking the Spine
that spotlights upcoming releases that we are excited for.
LIBRARY OF SOULS
by Ransom Riggs
Expected Publication Date : September 22, 2015
Series : Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children #3
Edition : Hardcover (400 pages)
Publisher : Delacorte Books for Young Readers
The epic conclusion to the best-selling series!
Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They’ll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever… Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be?
This action-packed adventure features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs
Why Am I Waiting?
I enjoyed the other two books and I want to know if Jacob and Emma will succesfully rescue Miss Peregrine. My favorite part of the books are the photographs and this one has more than 50. If you want to read the excerpt, click this.
Are you also excited for this book? What is your waiting on Wednesday? Feel free to comment yours.
August 18: Top Ten Of Your Auto-buy Authors (no matter the genre or what it’s about… you’ll buy it from these authors!). If you want to get specific you can break it into genre especially since I know we did this topic in 2013.
It’s been a while! I’m excited to share to you guys my top ten auto-buy authors (in no particular order).
• Jennifer Niven – Right after reading All The Bright Places, I told myself that I will definitely buy her next books.
• David Levithan – Became one of my favorite authors right after reading The Lover’s Dictionary in 2012. I’ve read Every Day, Every You Every Me, and Six Earlier Days (prequel of Every Day).
• Stephanie Perkins – I fell inlove with her writing style (and to Etienne St. Clair) when I finished reading Anna and the French Kiss. I’ve read also Lola and the Boy Next Door.
• Michelle Hodkin – The Mara Dyer trilogy is one of my favorites. I hope she wil still write something related with the trilogy.
• John Green – One of my favorite authors of all-time. I’ve read Looking for Alaska, TFIOS, Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines and Let It Snow. I’ve been wanting to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson for a long time now but I can’t still bring myself to read it. I’m not sure why.