It’s a freebie week! It means we can pick a topic we want and I’ve decided to share my top ten favorite books that I would love to see on the big screen. But I have some rules : The movie adaptation MUST stick to the book and there have to be NO MAJOR CHANGES.
1. Wonder by R.J. Palacio – Wonder is a very powerful book and I think it’d be great to have a movie adaptation of this book so those who are not into reading would also know the important message of it.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Paris is one of my favorite places and that’s one of the reasons why i love this book. Plus Etienne St. Clair is hot! *smiling face with heart-shaped eyes*
3. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – I love the family dynamic on this book aside from Lara Jean’s love letters. I’ve read that “the rights to Han’s book has been picked up by Will Smith’s production company Overbrook Entertainment.” (source) so I’m looking forward to this.
4. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – This book made me cry. It has a very sensitive topic and it’d be interesting to know the reactions of people who’ve watched it if there’s a movie adaptation.
5. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher – One of the very first YA novel I’ve read. This is a very inspirational book. Last year, I read a news that Netflix is negotiating to adapt this book into a series featuring Selena Gomez. Honestly, I’m not sure if i like it because I’m not a fan of Selena and I’d prefer a movie adaptation than tv series.
6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – One of my favorite Fantasy/Paranormal series. Until now I can’t decide who can play as Noah Shaw if they’ll make a movie adaptation of this book.
7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – A brilliant book. Le Cirque des Rêves is one of the (fictional) places I want to visit.
8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – A movie adaptation of The Lunar Chronicles would be awesome! I would love to see how Cinder and the other characters (especially Captain Thorne) would look like. Also the fighting scenes, Earth and Luna, hoverboards and spaceships, almost everything.
9. Angelfall by Susan Ee – I read this book last year and I totally enjoyed it. When I finished it, I looked up on the internet to check if there’s a film adaptation and it turned out that there were news back in 2012 about it. I’m not sure what happened so I hope they will still continue the production.
10. Every Day by David Levithan – A movie adaptation of Every Day is possible because most of Levithan’s books hit the big screen. Not as “famous” as the adaptations of John Green’s TFIOS or Paper Towns but I think Every Day has a very interesting and unique story.
So that’s it! Do you also want your favorite book to have a movie adaptation? Feel free to share you thoughts!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature/meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.